You may learn how to build a printer shortcut in Windows 11 by reading this article. We’ll teach you another method to accomplish a very similar goal even if you can’t add it to the toolbar like in Windows 10.
How Do I Create a Shortcut for My Printer in Windows 11?
A printer shortcut can be installed anywhere on a Windows 11 PC. By choosing the shortcut, you may manage any active print jobs and the printer queue will be displayed. You can utilize the following two techniques.
How to Create a Shortcut From the Control Panel
Printers are now grouped under Settings in Windows 11 (and Windows 10). But, you can still use the Control Panel to launch the old printer applets and select Printer preferences or Printer settings for the printer of your choice.
- Search for Control Panel and select the first result.
Choose Sound and Hardware.
- Choose Printers and Devices.
- Choose the printer you want to have a desktop shortcut for from the list of devices under Printers.
- By performing a right-click on the printer’s icon, choose Create shortcut.
- Windows prompts the user and offers to add a desktop shortcut for the printer. Choose Yes.
- The Windows desktop now displays the shortcut.
How to Create a Shortcut From the Desktop
The actions listed above are simple. You can, however, construct a printer shortcut directly from the desktop as an exercise. Then, follow the instructions above to write down the precise name of the printer you intend to use. then take the subsequent actions.
- Click the right mouse button in any desktop empty space.
- Choose Shortcut > New.
- Enter the following route in the Create Shortcut wizard for the printer’s location, replacing “Name of Printer” with the name of your printer.
- Choose Next.
- To add the printer shortcut to the desktop, enter a name for the shortcut and click Finish.
How Do I Get the Printer Icon on My Toolbar in Windows 11?
The taskbar in Windows 11 can currently not be pinned with the printer icon, and it is less customisable than the taskbar in Windows 10.
Every open application, file, folder, website, and even a drive can be pinned to the taskbar. Yet there is currently no solution that makes it feasible to pin a device or a printer icon.