How to utilize Instagram on an iPad is covered in this article. All iOS devices must follow the same guidelines.
How to Download the Instagram iPhone App to Your iPad
You can still use the full Instagram experience on your iPad even if there isn’t a dedicated Instagram app for it and the Instagram app in the App Store is designed for the iPhone or iPod Touch.
Tap the App Store icon, located on your iPad Home Screen.
When the App Store interface appears, search for Instagram.
Tap Get to download and install the official Instagram app.
How to Post to Instagram From Your iPad
You can now post to Instagram directly from the iOS Photos app since you’ve installed the Instagram app.
Tap the Instagram icon, located on your iPad Home Screen.
- When the Instagram app opens, log in to your IG account by following the on-screen instructions.
- Once you’ve logged in to Instagram successfully, go back to the iPad’s Home Screen and select Photos.
- Navigate to the album or folder containing the photo you want to share to Instagram by tapping it when the Photos interface pops up.
- When the Photos interface appears, tap it to navigate to the album or folder containing the picture you wish to share to Instagram.
- Now, the bottom portion of the screen should be covered by the iOS Share Sheet. More can be tapped.
- If you need to scroll down, hit the Instagram toggle so that it turns green (on).
A new option should now be visible among the first row of icons in the Share Sheet. Tap Instagram.
- You will now see a window on Instagram requesting you to add a caption to the given picture. Tap Share after entering your caption and, if desired, hashtags.
Your newly-shared post should now be visible on your Instagram profile.
How to Browse Instagram on Your iPad
Although the iPhone-specific app’s narrow window size and vertically-only layout allowed you to explore Instagram, that was far from ideal. You’re better off using an iOS web browser like Safari, which can extend to offer an experience that comes near to what Instagram was designed for.
How to Add to Your Instagram Story
The procedure for adding something to your Instagram Story on an iPad is the same as doing so via the app on a smartphone. You must use your tablet in portrait mode because the app does not support landscape orientation.
Third-Party iPad Apps for Instagram
In addition to the official Instagram app, you may browse your Instagram feed in a customized interface by using third-party apps like Buffer or Repost, both of which are accessible on the App Store. You can share new posts on some of them as well.